A lapel pin, sometimes known as an enamel pin, is a small decoration worn on clothing, sometimes on the lapel of a jacket (hence the name), or attached to a bag, or displayed on a piece of fabric. They have become quite popular lately because of the uniqueness of the designs. Getting your design made into an actual pin is quite simple, and companies such as GSJJ can help you make a lapel pin design a reality.
Who wears lapel pins?
While they have become fashionable accessories, lapel pins have a long history and are still often used as symbols of achievement or of belonging to organizations. Businesses also award lapel pins to employees for achievements such as years of service or other morale-boosting activities.
Similar to fraternity and sorority pins, these pins instil a sense of belonging to an elite group of performers at the organization.
Some examples of where lapel pins are used include:
- Corporate identity
- Employee recognition
- Brand awareness
- Non-profit awareness, show support for issue or
- Team-training pins, usually given out after training
- Membership pins
- Fashion accessories
- Fan collectables
What makes them unique?
Lapel pins are quite small and highly customizable. You can feature any design, including offbeat illustrations, logos, or pretty much anything you can dream up. An enamel pin acts as an extension of people’s personalities and gives them the chance to customize and accessorize their clothes, jean jackets, backpacks, hats, and other items.
How do you prepare to make lapel pins?
A couple of things to have ready is:
- Use bold lines and intense colours, avoid shading.
- Avoid small text or fine details that won’t be visible from a distance.
- Muted colours tend not to stand out when looking at a pin from a distance.
- Keep the design simple. Remember, most pins are around 1-2 inches (3-5cm), so keep the design simple and bold.
When you’re designing also keep in mind:
- Decide what material your pin will be made from.
- Decide on what size the pin shold be.
- Decide how many of the pins do you want to produce.
- How many pin-backs you want your pin to have.
How long does it take to get your pins?
With GSJJ, you can design your pin in five minutes, using their thousands of design elements to get started. Once your design is finalized and ordered, it takes about five days to produce them.
Don’t forget, GSJJ also makes much more than just lapel pins. They can also create baseball trading pins, medals, lanyards, belt buckles, challenge coins, ornaments, embroidered patches, key chains, and silicone wristbands.
Here is some example of pins GSJJ has produced: