In this article, we’re going to be answering a common question: what are real estate signs made of? The quick answer is it’s usually a durable material like a composite aluminium panel or corrugated plastic. These two material are sold under different trade names like Alupanel and Coroplast, respectively.
Now let’s get into more detailed information.
What Are for Sale Signs Made Of?
Real estate signage is usually made from two types of material: either corrugated plastic or composite aluminium material. Most signboards are mode from one of these two types of material.
“Corrugated” just means the material has been folded into alternate ridges and grooves to give it strength. If you’ve ever opened a packing box, you’ll see the sides are made from three layers: two thin outer ones and sandwiched in the middle a wavey part of cardboard. The form a structure that is light and strong.
“Composite” in this case means a material that is made out of more than one substance. For signs real estate companies use, an aluminium composite material (ACM) is prevalent. Like the packing box above, two thin sheets of aluminium bonded to a non-aluminium core. Usually, the aluminium itself is coated with another material to increase its durability.
Ideal for signage, advertising, construction and architectural design solutions. It is an excellent medium for out of home media, shopfitting, store Point of Sale (POS) displays, exhibition stands, partitioning, wall linings, suspended ceilings and many industrial applications.
Today, the most popular and relatively inexpensive materials are Coroplast and AluPanel. Both of these are suitable for custom real estate signs.
The main advantages of AluPanel (rigid aluminium composite sheeting) for a signboard are:
- Affordable price – AluPanel products are cheaper compared to wood or aluminium structures;
- Signs made from AluPanel are easy to carry around;
- Differ in endurance when installing in the street;
- The material can is used on reflective signs that can attract attention even at night;
- The degree of rigidity of the material makes it suitable for outdoor advertising;
- Unattractive to thieves who prefer to steal structures from the same aluminium – expensive metal;
Coroplast, is also widely used on estate signs, is known for:
- Cheaper material – it turns out to make signs from Coroplast, which are notable for their low price;
- Durability – the structures serve for a long time, which makes Coroplast one of the often chosen materials for the manufacture of signs;
- Real estate sign installation – a process that takes little time. Little fasteners are required to put the structure;
- Coroplast allows you to make lightweight structures, compared, for example, with wood;
- The material makes it possible to produce signs of different sizes, even large signs. Designs can have different thicknesses, different shapes;
- It is possible to choose the colour, the design of sings from Coroplast, depending on the wishes of the customer.
In short, for real estate signs, both of these materials are suitable, and so the majority of yard signs are made one of these two types.
What Size Are Real Estate Signs?
According to Signazon.com, the popular sizes for real estate signs are 12×24″ and 18″x24″. But there are other standard sizes including:
These are typical sizes for a sign, but custom sizes are available. For more information, visit some of the manufactures of signs for real estate.
Types of Signs Typically Used in Real Estate
Some of the common types of real estate signage include:
Real estate A-Frame signs have a metal frame with legs that kind of looks like a capital A from the side – the sign on the title image of this article is an A-frame. The sizes of such designs vary from table-top to much larger. The most common sizes in real estate as 18×24″ (45x60cm) and 24×36″ (60x91cm).
These are advertising structures that indicate the direction, for example, to a house for sale.
Open House estate signs
A simple and effective advertising design, an Open House sign is easy to fold and install in a convenient location. If necessary, the structure is also easy to remove. Information is contained on two front sides of the structure. These products can be of different sizes. The most common sizes are 18×24″ (45x60cm) and 24×36″ (60x91cm).
Realtor for sale signs
These designs are made in most cases from inexpensive Coroplast. They are resistant to negative and moisture. Often hung on racks. Frequently ordered items are 8 inches high and 24 inches wide. Designs can be of vertical type. The typical size is 30 inches tall by 24 inches wide. In most cases, they have a two-way design – advertising information is on both sides of the design.
Who Makes Realtor Signs?
Visit QuarterCheaperSigns.ca for more information today.