A label maker is one of those devices that many people just can’t live without. It can quickly print labels making it easier to identify items around your workspace, home or school. Investing in a good label maker can be a great way to save on time and increase the organization quotient in your life.
By increasing efficiency, a label maker can help you find items that are stored away for a long time or put away for quick access. Label makers are available in various sizes and have different features. You should invest in one only after analyzing your requirements and finding a device that matches them.
These are the main features you should look for in a label maker:
- Keyboard – The keyboard of the device should be large enough to type easily and easy to use by everyone.
- Display – The display screen is usually small so it is essential that you can read what you are typing clearly.
- Being portable – A portable label maker is more likely to get used than a bulky one. Remember that higher-end smaller label makers can have just as many features as the larger ones.
- Power – Does the device run on batteries or do you have to plug it in or can it work on both power sources? Choose a type that suits your needs.
- Text sizes and different fonts – Does the label maker have options for changing the text size and an array of fonts to choose from?
- Labels and ink – having extra labels and ink cartridges on hand is essential. Ensuring they are easy to procure and find can be a good idea.
- Environment – If it’s going to be used on a factory floor, maybe look for something durable or if used outside, would the user be wearing gloves and so need a model with a larger keyboard?
Other features that are available in label makers and can be necessary for your work include specific symbols, pictures of bar-coding. Fabric labels require a special type of labels that may not be suitable for all label makers. Most of these models will fit your needs, some like the Brother QL-700 and DYMO LabelManager are designed to be connected to PCs (or Macs) while most feature a keyboard.
MaximumVenture is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This is an affiliate program which means we earn fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. However, this will not increase the prices you pay for products.
10 Top Label Makers:
This is an industrial use label maker with a sturdy keyboard and LCD display. It has 70 label parts from 8 robust materials and runs on 6 AA batteries. It also comes with LI-ON battery and an AC adapter. This is probably the best choice here for harsh environments. If you’re looking for a one with a larger keyboard, consider the Brady BMP51.
This device has back-lit display, many options, huge memory, QWERTY keyboard, Connects to a computer, fast, uses laminated Tze tape cartridges
With its One-touch keys, pre-designed label temps and memory this is a reliable device. It also has an auto-off feature and durable laminated Tzes tapes. Note it doesn’t have a QWERTY keyboard (A, B, C, D.., instead), so might take a bit of time to get used to.
The Epson LabelWorks LW-400 Label Maker comes with a back-lit display, can type 4 lines and create many options including speciality label. It cuts tape waste by 60% and is noiseless.
With its intuitive interface and variety of options, this is a great buy. It comes with pre-designed label templates and has good memory while being lightweight and durable.
The Epson LabelWorks LW-300 Label Maker has an array of options along with memory, easy setup and use, multilingual, battery or AC adapter
This is a Handheld Label Maker suitable for office and home uses. It has a compact and sleek design while being portable. Its clear LCD display makes it easy to read.
The Brother P-touch Home and Office Labeler (PT-D200) is a Multipurpose Label Maker with one-touch keys, a wide array of options, batteries/AC adapter, 2 text lines, memory and an option to preview before printing. It has less fonts than the D210.
Label Makers for PCs
DYMO LabelManager Label Maker is suitable for both PC and Mac and is Plug N Play device. It is computer compatible and has several label formats apart from a QWERTY keyboard, lightweight, rechargeable Lithium battery. It is a durable device.
This is an ultra-fast Label Maker with an automatic cutter. It creates free stamps, prints continuous tape rolls. You can download pre-designed labels. It is also cost-efficient, needing no ink or toner. Comes with software to print from Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
A good label maker can save you time and increase efficiency, hopefully we’ve helped you find one.