Every good entrepreneur finds it difficult to take time off, however it important to take some vacation time or time off work in general to reduce your stress levels
Every good entrepreneur finds it difficult to take time off, however it important to take some vacation time or time off work in general to reduce your stress levels and constant exposure to high pressure situations which can have an impact on your productivity.
Taking a weekend off or enjoying a national holiday can make a great difference in your productivity levels and general business attitude. Being well rested will help you not only stay more calm and relaxed but also be more empathic towards others which is very essential in good customer service.
Here are some tips to make customer service better on national holidays:
- Don’t send out marketing emails on holidays or Fridays. Not only will people not open their email they will most probably ignore it if they do. Save it for the next week.
- Let your customers know that you are closed. Have it on your voice mail, social media accounts, website or even an email if someone mails you directly. Don’t spam them though.
- Don’t stay open if you know you need a vacation. Customers will understand that you are closed. Focus on your relationships with your family and friends instead.
- Use social media to get festive. Show people you are excited for the holidays. Create festive images that include your company’s name and logo to make it more visually appealing to customers.
- Don’t post any pictures that you would not show a customer who walks into your workplace. That great picture of you at the beach, keep it on your personal Facebook page.
- You love your customers, but remember that there are other people in your life. Don’t spend your vacation checking the company Facebook page.
- Don’t bring any work with you on vacation. This should be a given, but unfortunately it’s often not. Also, don’t spend more time on the phone than you really need to.
- Enjoy the holidays doing something fun. Whether it is binge watching Shark Tank or going for a long walk, make sure it is something you truly enjoy.
Enjoy the holidays and come back with a rejuvenated body and soul!